Saturday, July 14, 2012

Blitzen.

The weather here has been rainy.
Well, that's an understatement. 
Houston has been experiencing some flooding and we've been stuck inside all week.
I'm happy to report that the sun finally made an appearance today and I have photos of my newest quilt! 
In Blitzen by BasicGrey for Moda.

I started thinking balls and ended up thinking wreaths and then needed snowflakes.
The design for this one was very organic.


Snowflake applique.


I chose the red binding and grey paisley large print for borders. 
I'm still wondering if I should have done red borders... these decisions always make me just want both. 


Houston is much too green today. 
Winter almost isn't fathomable. 


Whole quilt. 


See that little mushroom in the corner?
And all of the ones just above the quilt in the background? 
Houston has been attacked. 
There are more mushrooms than people right now!

It's in the shop

2 comments:

  1. I think you chose the perfect border. It has it's show qualities but it is soft enough that the center of the quilt pops just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the border just the way it is:)

    ReplyDelete