Saturday, June 30, 2012

Googly Eyes

Rifling through the old pictures on my hard drive I realized I never even posted this HUGE finish. 
It was right before Christmas last year so I suppose it was just forgotten in the chaos?

A very nice and wonderful person, I mean REALLY nice, contacted me to make this as a custom order right after I saw this amazing circle piecing method.
It eliminated the raw edge applique problem with heavily used quilts. 
She provided all of the print fabrics and pattern and it looked sooo cute that I really wanted to make this for her.
400+ hours later (these are EXTREMELY time intensive and I'm not entirely sure that I'm exaggerating here, HAHA!) there was a twin sized quilt to show for it!


Lots of Moda, Timeless Treasures, and Michael Miller cuteness in there.
This is probably my favorite boy quilt that I've ever made. 
Seriously, she picked AWESOME fabrics.


Striped binding. :)


63 blocks later... I do love this quilt and I still think it was worth it to have made it.


She also requested pillowcases. 
I can't imagine how cute her little man's bed must be with all of these adorable fabrics.


Looking at these makes me want to make another one for my ball-obsessed little guy. 
It'll be a while before he gets out of the crib.
Maybe I should rephrase that... I'm sure he'll be able to climb out very soon, but I plan on putting a "lid" on the crib when he does and waiting to get him a real bed.
hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment