Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Preschool Gear

My little who just started preschool. 
At my husband's request. ahem. 
This entitled me to do a little sewing spoiling. 
She needed a little lunch sack.
Fabric is Moda's Santorini by Tula Pink and pattern is here but instead of interfacing I did batting and insul-bright.
She needed a little pillow to rest her head during nap time.
She needed a Princess and the Pea nap mat!
Fabric is Moda's Soiree by Tula Pink and pattern is here but we did modify a few things.




 
I also used doubled low loft polyester batting to give it extra padding... it is a nap mat after all. 
However, it was the biggest pain ever. 
Skipped stitches, broken thread, bulkiness... 
I'll stick to the dreamy cotton batting.

 
I embroidered her name. 
Everything's better with your name prefaced by Princess, right?

 And of course the little green button "pea."

The version of "The Princess and the Pea" we have explicitly states that there were 10 mattresses, 10 more mattresses and 20 blankets on top of that pea! 
One perfect honey bun with 40 strips made my little who love it even more! 

Oh the fabric "spoilage" is so fun! 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up Mom! What a darling quilt and a special memory you have created for your little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very impressive. She better love that quilt forevor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a clever idea! And so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete